Friday, February 24, 2006

I Love Jury Duty

I finally served my jury duty this morning, and was shocked when the case we were waiting to be seated for, was plea bargained. We we're released at eleven this morning, and I'm headed to the beach in a few minutes.

It was sad to hear that our old pressroom supervisor, Richard Cook, passed away yesterday, he will be missed by his family and friends. Rick was a regular at our bi-annual dinners. I will be attending Rick's funeral this Sunday, hope to see you there.

All the inviations for our March dinner were not picked up in the pressroom outbox, that were placed there on Tuesday, so I brought the envelopes home and mailed them this morning.

Have a good day,
Eddie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better you avoid beaches in the South Bay area...

Dangerous waters I heard....

Edward Padgett said...

Santa Monica and Venice Beach were fantastic yesterday.

Anonymous said...

INDEED! What sane person wouldn't enjoy a lovely day outside?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

Anger is like a the blade of a butcher knife - very difficult to hold on to for long without harming yourself.

Anonymous said...

Don't quite understand the "deleted comment".

I figured this was not privy to non-censorship???

Can you explain??

I've seen some mighty personal digs to your ex-wife...any connection???