Thursday, February 16, 2006

Is it Friday Yet?

This has been a hell of a week at work, at least for my crew. We have had three roller wraps (this means the newsprint was mixed into the roller train) so far this week, and my fingernails are looking pretty rough, as well as my fingers.

After reading about how the CEO of the Tribune needs to fix the Los Angeles Times, many of us at work are wondering how much further the company will cut into the Times? Rumor has it, workers are being trained at the Chatsworth Facility as reel tenders, and naturally they will be paid at a lower rate.

I have also heard through the grapevine that the Teamsters are preparing to start a union drive at the newspaper in the next few weeks. Union campaigns are always fun.

May I suggest trying out Zillow, this web site will give you an idea of what your home is worth, and all the homes in your neighborhood. Without asking for your personal information before using this new service. After entering my address and seeing the results, I wonder how my children will ever afford a home in Los Angeles County?

Invitations for our next dinner for our twenty year club will be mailed this weekend, so I may be a little busy and away from my computer as I stuff envelopes.

Be Well, Be Happy,
Eddie



No comments: