Saturday, February 18, 2006

Our Friend Rick Cook

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marilyn Cook <twocookin@juno.com
>Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 03:54:43 -0800
Subject: Rick up-date
Full-Name: Marilyn Cook

It's 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning (2-18-06). I woke up at 2:00 unable togo back to sleep and finally got up at 3:00. We got a call lateyesterday afternoon from the oncologist with the results of the ct scan Rick had done on Wednesday and she confirmed what we kinda already knew in our hearts was true. The cancer has spread to other areas of his body and the chemo is not really able to keep ahead of it. The doctor had spoken to me last Monday about this when she ordered the ct scan butwhen it is confirmed it suddenly becomes more real! Vickie came up last night from Chula Vista, Bruce and Ricky come up this morning and Dave and Lisa will be flying in to LAX tonight from Lincoln, Nebraska at 9:15. They moved their arrival date up about nine days. Needless to say, weare all devistated. We have many things to talk about in the next couple of days and I just pray that we can keep everything it it's proper prospective and not let our emotions get out of control. The kids are taking this very hard, (not to say that I'm not) and I'm not sure I know exactly what words to say that will comfort them when I need comforting myself! They keep questioning "where is God in all of this?".......(especially the boys) and sometimes it is hard to see where He does fit into the picture; but He does! He makes the picture complete. Without God, the picture is lifeless! But I think it will take someone other than me to get that across to them. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, I probably won't be answering e-mail for sometime as we will be rather busy here at the house; but just know how much we appreciate you all...

..love from ourhearts to yours.......Rick and Marilyn

No comments: