Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Very Nice Tribute in Today's Los Angeles Times

Today's special section for Otis Chandler was great, maybe other leaders at the newspaper should take note, and attempt to mirror this great leader. Otis worked in all of the departments at the newspaper before taking over as publisher, as did his sons Norman and Mike. The Chandler men had a clue what each department went through to produce the newspaper.

The only non blue collar employee to actually work on the presses in recent memory is Wayne Newton, he has brought printing plates to the press, plated up a unit (and cut himself on the edge of a plate), and string a web on the catwalk of the superstructure.

I'm hoping we are returning to pre-Tribune days when employees felt management really cared about the workers?

Eddie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ed how those days are gone forever.As for Wayne newton I believe he said he WAS an operator ( just that it was for ATT or SBC.... customer service..how my I help you!!! ...LOL )I hope you didn't believe him or the Tribune's lies .

Anonymous said...

Ed until the tribune starts promoting from with in our company or a press person a real one I'm afraid things will not change management does not listen to people who run the press they listen to who agree's with them .

The tribune is on a path we cannot correct its out of our hands shutting down the valley taking out G-press in O.C. now talk of putting W press in O.C. were G-press was why did we take it out in the first place they didn't ask press people they asked somebody who's not a real press production employee why did we buy man rolands units we could have kept a shafted press complete and made a man roland press instead we would have thought we were done making a retro fit press now all of them are .Money wasted, profits,down

ED I'm on your site because I care about our success I love the times unfortunly I didn't go to college my mistake tribune looks down on blue collars but blue collars called the game right we are the best press people with the most diverse runs nobody compares to us just remember that when a white collar tells you how things should run.We didn't make these mistakes we just followed orders Rick Hernandez pride in L.A. TIMES presspeople.

I LOVE YOU ALL