Friday, March 17, 2006

Birth Certificates

The children and I have just arrived home from applying for their passports, it was only a three hour process. The birth certificates, that were issued by the Registra-Recorder, are no longer accepted.

I had to drive to Norwalk and get new birth certificates for all three children. There was no fee involved, but the traffic was murder, and the lines ran out the doors of the building, and new birth certificates were made and in my hands.

If you need a birth certificate I would suggest getting a new one as soon as possible, so you aren't made to visit your nearest Registra-recorders office as I was.

If this message saves one person the hassle of running here and there for a new birth certificate, then it was worth putting it in writing.

Have a good day, and TGIF,
Eddie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in hearing why your kids birth certificates weren't acceptable for a passport. The birth certificates I have for my kids are the ones that I sent to the County for after they were born. Please let me know what the problem was. You can send me an e-mail.

Edward Padgett said...

We had what is called abstract birth certificates, they were four inches by eight inches.

The new birth certificates are eight by eleven and have all the information left off the other records, such as weight, length, etc.

I was told the abstracts are being copied too easily.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! I checked and realized I have abstracts. I'm ordering the birth certificates today so I don't run into problems in the future.