Monday, March 20, 2006

The Countdown has Started


My children and grandson have started counting the days till we leave for Cozumel, Mexico, they are so looking forward to this vacation. After returning from Cozumel in August of last year I had many photographs to share with them of the clear water and shear beauty of this island paradise.

Then Hurricane Wilma stuck the island, and their grandmother was forced to evacuate back to the States. The destruction on the island appeared as if an earthquake had hit the island, entire buildings came down into piles of rubble. The street behind the seawall was tore to bits and pieces by the storm surge. But the rebuilding has continued to a point, where very little damage can be seen, by first time visitors.

My mother and her boyfriend returned to Cozumel in January, to rebuild their home, but I had not planned to stay with her this time. On my last visit I stayed with my mother for six days, and had to move into a hotel due too the lack of running water or air-conditioning. I stayed at Hotel Meson, it's only rated a two star hotel, but after staying with my mother, it felt like a five star hotel.

Mexicana Airlines has sent our confirmation letter, and our hotel is also paid for, just waiting for the children's passports to arrive, and were all set for our trip next month.

I will be blogging from the island, as there are Internet Cafe's just about everywhere, and at ninety pesos per hour, it's a very good deal.

Goodnight,
Eddie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're all very excited and I'm excited for you. It will be a great trip for ALL involved.

Finally have my traveling confirmation to NY for this week. Keep me in your prayers.

RB

Anonymous said...

It might be interesting for you to take pictures of places from your last trip as a comparison to post-Wilma Cozumel. I'd be interested in seeing both sets of pictures. We'll have to have Ray cook dinner one evening to share pictures of all our travels!

I'm Hawaii-bound for Candie's wedding on April 22!

Edward Padgett said...

Funny you mention the water Al. Last August while in Cozumel, I bought a large Coke from Burger King, and while girl watching, the ice melted, and dummy me, drank it. Well a few hours later I had to stay near a restroom. had Montezuma's Revenge. I'll stay with cerveza on this trip.

Jess Espinoza said...

Ed Padgett said, "I'll stick with cerveza on this trip."

You are truly a wise man, better safe than sorry. ;)

Jess

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful opportunity for you and the kids to spend some quality time together....well needed I know...

Please give my regards to Molly and boyfriend...

I too will be traveling on the 1st to Orlando.

Godspeed to you all!!!