Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Great Dinner Tonight at Taix Restaurant

Our dinner was a success in many ways tonight, we had sixty-one members and guests in attendance, and one female joined our group as a guest. Linda Olmeda, from the Olympic Mailroom, joined us as her husband's guest. Linda's husband is press operator Richard Olmeda of the Olympic Facility.

Russ Newton (vice-president of production) came to our dinner tonight and opened the bar for everyone, and we would like to extend our thanks to Russ for this kind gesture.

Ken Reich also came, and even in his poor state of health, gave a short speech on the media and the Los Angeles Times. Thank you Ken for attending.

Our president of the club (David Joe) decided to retire from his post as our leader, a title he has held for five years, naturally to spend more time with his family. David Joe has given his best to our club and we would like to thank him for all his efforts.

Tony King has had a change of heart and will remain the vice-president of our club for a few more dinners, thank you Tony.

We have elected a new president for the Los Angeles Times Pressmen's Twenty Year Club, and he is Tony Specht, shift supervisor at the Olympic Pressroom. Tony was selected because he has worked at both the Orange County Times and the Olympic Times Facilities. As president of our club, Tony has the final say on almost everything regarding the club.

Welcome aboard Tony Specht.

Door Prize Winners

Pete Mastin

Bill Blank

Jose Gomez

Larry Jordan

Bert Badajos

Eddie Enriquez

All won bottles of booze

Our 50/50 drawing was won by Gary Connaught $162.00 went into our bank account and $162.00 went into Gary's wallet.

On another note, somehow I misplaced the club's checkbook, so I left home a bit later than expected. And naturally there was an accident at the 605 and 210 Freeways, that only made me arrive at David Joe's house thirty minutes late. Not knowing what I should do about the missing checkbook, I brought my personal checkbook to the dinner, and paid the tab ($1,990.75) from my personal funds. I informed David Joe of my error, in misplacing the checkbook, and will reimburse myself when the club's checkbook is found. I was told I'm suffering from CRS (can't remember shit), and they might be right!

Goodnight,
Eddie

No comments: