Monday, March 27, 2006

Marilyn Cook is Home

Just to give you all an up-date......I got back home from Nebraska Saturday night.

I was suppose to get in toLAX at 6:30 p.m; however, the plane I was suppose to catch in Denver hada problem with the radar system, so rather than leaving at 5:00, wedidn't leave Denver until 7:45 p.m., on a different airplane. I sat inthe Denver airport for 3 1/2 hours.

So I arrived in L.A. at 8:30 p.m., my friend Darlene and her two grandchildren picked me up and then we wentout for milk shakes. By the time I un-packed and got ready for bed, itwas 12:45. I warmed up my "corn critter", got my snuggly pillow and crawled into my very own bed and slept the whole night.

Woke up at 7:00a.m, thought about going to church; and than decided to hold off for another week. Things are so strange here in this big old house. Seems like it has doubled in size now than I'm alone. I think of Rick 24-7....he's everywhere!!

The Memorial service in Deshler was beautiful. It was held in the same church we were married. There were 110 people in attendance which is unusual for someone from out of town.

The day before the service was rather cold and dreary, as was the day after; but the day of the service was absolutely beautiful. The Pastor at the church,(Pastor Nielson) had a beautiful message entitled "With Wings Like Eagles".

After the service at the church, we went to the city cemetary where I had bought two plots next to my parents for Rick and I.. When we got out of the car, a huge flock of wild geese flew over in a "V" formation There must have been a least a thousand.

There were 6 gentlemen from the VFW, so this was a military funeral complete with the firing of guns and a gentlemen playing Taps. They folded the flag that was draped over the coffin and presented it to me. It was a very beautiful and emotional service.

After the buriel, we went back to the fellowship hall at thechurch, where one of the circles had prepared a lunch, we took pictures and visited. I saw many of my relatives and I had seen for a long time. Both the service at Peace Lutheran in Deshler as the one at Redeemer in Norwalk were truly a celebration of Rick's life. He was a wonderful person.....He loved his family and he loved me; but more importantly, he loved the Lord!

He is with Jesus now and one day we will all be together again .... that is a promise we can count on!

"GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME.......NO MATTER WHAT"!.....Love to all of you, Marilyn

No comments: