Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Passports and Children

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to apply for passports for my children and grandson for our trip next month to Cozumel, Mexico. I was under the impression the law did not change till December 31st, 2006, but I was wrong. My first mistake this year!

Birth certificates arrived yesterday, all the needed forms have been filled out, and we have an appointment with the San Dimas Post Office on Friday to apply for the passports. The San Dimas Post Office takes the passports pictures and will have the three passports in my hands within three weeks, at an extra cost. I estimate each passport will cost close to $200.00 each, looks like I will have to spend a few more Saturday's at work to cover this expense.

For you new users, my mother lives on the Island of Cozumel, but the children and I will be staying in a hotel, not at my mother's home. My mother returned to Cozumel in January to rebuild her home, hurricane Wilma destroyed her home and just about everything else on the low lying island.

Tonight's dinner will be one of the largest crowds in memory, with over seventy guests confirming they will be attending, it will be fun for all in attendance. I will be buying a larger memory card for my digital camera, so I will be able to share with pictures for those that have to work.

Ken Reich will be in attendance, and if he feels up to it, may say a few words to the crowd.
We will also need a ride for Ken back to the San Fernando Valley area, as Ken is not driving at this time.

I took a call yesterday that a female will be attending our all male party, what will we do? Our club is something like Fred Flintstones Water Buffalo's, all male. We just do not wear the hats or have a secret handshake.

Time to hit the streets and get the children off to school.

Stay Positive and good things will happen in your life.

Peace,
Eddie AKA I.P. Eddie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Females??!! At the Pressmen's 20 year club dinner??!!! Never!!!! It flies in the face of tradition! Sacrilege!

Anonymous said...

You'd probably be safer if the DOJ showed up instead! Steer clear, Ed:-)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! A family vacation--I'm sure the kids will have a great time seeing the sights and spending time with Dad!!! Take lots of pictures, they grow up before you know it.

Anonymous said...

No censorship required, Webmaster

Anonymous said...

Who is "RB"????

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip...sans baggage..

Orando, here I come!!!!

Anonymous said...

Blasphemy!!!!

No females at the dinner, in or out of the banquet room, anon....

Donde esta los huevos?