Sunday, April 02, 2006

Could Not Ask for Better Weather

We all lost an hour's sleep this morning, unless you forgot to set your clocks ahead by one hour. The grandchildren and I are headed to Santa Anita Race Track for West Covina Day at the races. My high school friend, Lydia, is taking us with her family.

How many of you can say your still in contact with someone you went to high school with? Lydia and I graduated from Rosemead High School in 1971, wow, we are getting old. At times it feels like we just graduated from high school, some memories are vivid, while other memories are somewhat foggy.

The weather here in Southern California is just great, with a few scattered clouds, and just a touch of cool air, will make for a great day at the track.

Have been trying to upload my pictures from my new digital camera without any luck so far, I wanted to share a sign with everyone, that can only be found in San Dimas. As soon as I can get my computer to locate my camera, I will share this picture with you.

I'm not one to read the manual's that come with the hardware, but in this case I may be forced to read it before my pictures can be uploaded?

Enjoy the day,
Eddie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most amazing thing to me is that the only true Americans are the Native Indians. In history not yet published in California, was that it was part of Mexico. Then when it was sold to the French government for the debt Mexico owed.The English took over.
( Here is my analogy )
It's like kicking someone out of there house and then saying let me think about hiring you. Yet let me make this clear you have no rights and I can put you out at any time. Oh by the way if you dare and get sick that's to bad.
Also after you work you butt off don't you dare and get hurt. By the way when I have company over you become invisible to me and make sure you don't look at the company I have over.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the kids had a good time at the races! Those babies are just too cute for words! I must admit I got a little misty-eyed while I sat at the table with them. . .I suddenly realized how special it is to be able to say we're still friends after all these years. Also, sitting there with your grandchildren made me think that back in high school sitting with your grandchildren is the last thing I would have ever imagined! I'm also happy that you and my husband get along so well!

I hope we'll get the chance to have lots more outtings like yesterday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kanani said...

I am still friends with two women I grew up with. Our grandparents were friends, then the parents, and then us. I don't keep in touch with anyone else from those days. But it's far away, and so I lost track of everyone but those two.

The rain is supposed to come soon. Our gutter repairs were done on Sunday, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief. However, the tile floor that the tile guys had to rip up because they messed up, is still bare. Only the first layer of concrete. They haven't been back since last Wednesday.

I don't know why you make such a fuss out of packing Ed. Everyone knows that all you need to take is a ziploc bag filled with a toothbrush, bug repellant, sunscreen and an extra tank top.

Spain conquered not only the natives of Mexico but also California. Those Spanish got really far. After Mexico won a war to gain independence from Spain, then many of the Spanish land grants were taken over. Later, Mexico ceded power to the US. If you really want to learn about the power of Spain, go to New Mexico and visit Acoma Pueblo, "Sky City," outside of Albuquerque.

That's basically it, with about a zillion major points left out.