Saturday, April 15, 2006

More Rain?

I was hoping for sunny weather this weekend, I've had enough rain to last me for a while, though certainly not as much as our Northern California neighbors.

I guess the rain can be a good thing at times, I've been on vacation for the past week and my wife had a "honey-do" list a mile long for me, it's been a little too damp to do much work outside so I've been working on my bartending skills instead; every cloud does indeed have a silver lining.

A sunny day would be great, I'm just about to head over to my buddy's house, he's having a barbecue/party today to welcome family members visiting from the Philippines. I'm sure everyone will have a great time, even if it does rain!

I'm also planning on cooking a turkey in my charcoal smoker for Easter dinner, it's going to take about 12 hours to smoke so I'll be firing up Ol' Smokey at about 1:00 AM Sunday morning, then I'll have to feed it charcoal and wood chips every hour or so until the turkey is ready for carving; this process will be so much easier if it's not raining! For those of you who have never eaten smoked turkey, you don't know what you're missing! It comes out much better than an oven cooked bird, I recommend you try it should the opportunity ever arise.
Jess

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess.
as far as smoked turkey being the best, it depends on who is smoking it. I hope you find time during the smoking process to attend church on this High Holy Day of the year. Otherwise, you are taking the chance of being smoked your self, in the end. I hope you get my drift. The Rat

Jess Espinoza said...

Hey Mr. Rat,
Thanks for the reminder, I would certainly not liked to be smoked in my end! But what the heck, to each their own. ;0
Jess

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is how you got the turkey into zig zags to smoke it.

Jess Espinoza said...

Very, very carefully, and it's tough to keep it lit! As for the Zig Zag, do you remember the old Cheech And Chong record, I believe it was call Big Bamboo?

Jess Espinoza said...

Correction, it was Big Bambu.