Thursday, June 29, 2006

Are You on MySpace?


About two years ago my daughter Kristine mentioned that I should join her on a service called MySpace.

Having no clue what this service offered, or if any costs were involved, I logged on and looked around.

Well the service is free, if you don't mind banner ads on every page you visit.

There are some groups I have enjoyed, like the over forty (for old people like myself) group, or single groups. You name it, and MySpace seems to have a group to fit every age or hobby you can think of.

Met Lowell (pictured at the top) on MySpace last summer, and we finally had our first real visit last Saturday at his 55th birthday party.

It's really fun to exchange emails with others like Lowell, because you get a feel for the other person before actually meeting face to face.

Lowell is such a happy man, married with four children, and we had such a great time chatting with him and celebrating his birthday.

My friend Rita is also Lowell's friend, and she enjoyed meeting him as well. On MySpace users make friend requests, that you can approve or reject, and some users appear to collect as many friends as possible for some reasons beyond me?

With all the negative publicity lately regarding MySpace, most people have heard of the service, but there are many good reasons to give the service a try.

I don't spend a lot of time on MySpace, with being pulled in some many different directions, but I do get on there at least once per month. You can view my profile by clicking here.

Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lowell is a lovely man. He's written to me a few times on MySpace. You posted some very nice pictures. You all look good!