Friday, June 23, 2006

Dennis FitzSimons Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday

To: Padgett, Edward
From: Johnson, Jeff
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 4:11 PM
Subject: Dennis FitzSimons Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday

(Managers and supervisors: Please share this with your employees who do not have e-mail. Thanks.)

Colleagues:


Dennis FitzSimons, Tribune Chairman and CEO, will be in Los Angeles next week and would like to hold a Town Hall meeting with employees on Tuesday, June 27, from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in the Chandler Auditorium. Dennis will have a few remarks about the Tribune stock tender offer and will answer questions.

Because of seating limitations in the Chandler Auditorium, we will be able to accommodate only about 350 employees at the meeting. If you want to attend this meeting, please check with your manager. Then you must RSVP by replying to this e-mail with your name, department and extension by 3 p.m. on Monday, June 26. The first 350 employees who RSVP will be contacted to confirm their participation in the meeting.

Thank you.

Jeff

UPDATE I sent my RSVP to Jeff Johnson twenty minutes after his email was sent, I wonder if I'll be allowed to attend? If I am invited for the town hall meeting, I will do my best to have my picture taken with Mr. FitzSimons, and naturally share it right here.

3 comments:

Kanani said...

Did I read that correctly?
30 minutes?

Edward Padgett said...

Kanani,

Sent my RSVP within twenty minutes of receiving the publishers message.

If I'm not allowed to attend, it will not be because I wasn't one of the first 350 to reply.

Kanani said...

30 minutes just doesn't seem very long.