Friday, September 29, 2006

You Have Mail

Thought I would share a few of my emails with everyone.

Ed, The description says: with bi-annual dinners every March and October.The word you want is semi-annual. Bi-annual is every other year. :-) Ex-Trib Business news editor, news designer, etc.-- Bob Beamesderfer

Thanks Bob, have made the correction. Thank you.


Hi Ed, it's the Wolfie. I was wondering if I could use you as a reference. I would need just your phone number of course. How are things with you? How are the guy's? I heard that Tribune is looking to dump some of their smaller holdings. Hey, If you could get some of the guy's phone numbers for me that would be great. Thanks. The Wolf Kevin Krater

Absolutely Kevin. Would you like me to share your address and number on the blog?


Hey, Thanks alot. My address is 27709 Mahogany Row, Santa Clarita, 91351, phone number 661-252-9875. Ya,go ahead and post it if you like. Hope you guys are doing fine. Kevin
Kevin Krater email

Hello Edward
How are you? It's nice to know that you are feeling much better.
I hope everything goes well with you company, but do not work to hard if you have to do overtime, so as not to hurt your back again.

Thanks Bev, my back is just slightly sore now, I'm getting too old to be lifting heavy objects.

Thanks Ed, I finally got the picture. I miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gatha, there was a glitch in the email at the Times a few weeks ago. Glad Marvin's picture finally arrived.

Hi Eddie I really like your old blog page better the new one is hard to navigate. The best Billy

Billy, I selected Blogger because it's actually the easiest to navigate. Maybe I need to post some help guidelines to clarify how to get around for everyone?

Lot's of important info to be disclosed. The Plan we have been working on is coming together and we want everyone possible to attend and get the info firsthand.
I know some are becoming impatient, but we don't want to rush into an election only to have the same results as the past. I trust Marty and this plan and I'm sure you guy's will too.
Your Brother in Solidarity,
Ronnie

Ronnie, how did the union rally go?

Hey Eddy! Haven't heard anymore from you about the alcohol. I am leaving here nextThursday morning,the 28th for Nebraska and will be gone until the 22nd of October. Areyou still planning on picking up the liquor? Let me know. Got thee-mail from Jaimie about Hal Fleming. Doesn't sound real good for him.I will surely keep him and the family in my prayers. It is always such ascarey time. Lovingly, Marilyn

Marilyn, I just sent off an email to you that I would be over Saturday. Darn, your already gone. Will get the bottles of alcohol when you return. Thanks for the donation to the club.

Just to let you know that I received a phone call from Gerda Gilham today.We talked for quite awhile,she said that Bob is 76 years old she is 78 and his hearing has gotten worst that the Tribune Co. wrote a letter telling them they no longer will pay for his hearing aids or batteries.They are walking distance to a market,shopping center and close to their doctor,their son Neil ? lives 5 miles away,he used to be a paper pusher now is a geologist working for a Canadian company.
Bob and Gerda are driving to Lake Tahoe next week to visit friends and will return in October.They used to live in Gardnerville,Nevada but the altitude was bothering her as she has asthma.She will call me when they get back so we can get together for lunch.
They are happy living in Lynnwood,Wa. and thought about moving to San Diego but the prices of homes made them change their mind.They would like to attend the next 20yr club dinner if they can get the flyer in time (Ed Padgett,can you let them know a little early of the time and date ?)
Thought you guys might want to know a little of a fellow LATimes employee and how they are doing.

Take care of Yourselves
Emmett Jaime

Thanks Emmett, we always enjoy hearing about former co-workers. Especially good news.

That's it folks, I'm off to the LA Times for another shift. Ed

1 comment:

Ronnie Pineda said...

Hey Ed,
The Rally went fantastic, great turnout and lots of enthusiasm! Glad to see many former non-union brothers there.
They all agree, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Want to bounce a message to Emmitt Jaime.
Hello Emmitt,
Just want you to know how much I enjoy working with your son. He is more than a "chip" off thee ol' block. I always tell him to say hello and I'm sure he does.
We sure miss your style of Leadership. Honest and fair!
Well hope everything is going great for you and hope to see you soon.
Ronnie Pineda