Wednesday, November 08, 2006

David Hiller Writes to Times Subscriber

I enjoyed reading about our Publisher, David Hiller, taking the time to respond to a Times subscriber complaint letter, I'm at a loss for the words I would like to express. Little things like this makes Mr. Hiller seem in touch with his readers and staff.

Read the letter and the response here.

I'm wondering what happened to the e-mail I sent last Friday to a Times staffer regarding reading about the Los Angeles Times on blogs rather than at our work site?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we are too believe tribune is suppose too drum up bussinee when they can't even keep their current subscribers ???!!!

Anonymous said...

you gotta be kidding me

Kanani said...

So, let me follow Mary's logic.

The LA Times is struggling.
They change their graphics.
Mary hates it.
She fires off a bitchy letter to Hiller.
Mary decides to cancel her subscription, depriving the LA Times of her $18.20 per month.
Mary leaves, the Times is still struggling.
Hence,
I'd have to observe that maybe Mary didn't care as much as she thought she did.

By the way, I look at the graphics changes as secondary to the real story that I pointed out is going on behind the scenes. Baquet's departure and the impending release of employees tosses up questions of not only journalistic quality, the direction of the paper, readership numbers and the competitive information glut.

By the way. You all have jobs. I'm keeping my subscription.