Saturday, November 18, 2006

Play Station Three

As I read the news how young people have waited in lines overnight to purchase a PlayStation Three game console, it would be easy to say, what a waste of time.

Until I think back some thirty years ago when I was young, and waited in line eight hours to view Star Wars in Westwood. Or waited from the wee hours till TicketTron opened to buy tickets for a Rolling Stones concert, then I can get somewhat of an idea of what our youngsters are doing in line all night.

Have you ever waited in line for hours upon hours when you were young?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, as a matter of fact I did!!!

For tickets to the Jackson Five at the Fabulous Forum back in '72!!!!!!

My friend Loyce Tates and I were way funky in our "polyester" Funky '70's attire!!!!!

Ahhhhh.....back in the day....

Anonymous said...

OOOOPPPPPSSSS!!!!

How could I forget "Dillion's" in Westwood!!!!

Also "Osco's" in Hollywood!!!!

Anybody for the "Whiskey"?????

Kanani said...

I stopped at Target the other night and there was a line of people who had sleeping bags and chairs. They'd been there for two days!

I guess the big difference is that the amount of money we were spending was less, and once we bought that there weren't additional accessories to buy. Also, what we were spending it on was the chance to be with other people, not holed up in some room alone playing with games that comparatively, have little to do with the real world or learning to negotiate and compromise with real people.