Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Newspaper Delivery

I have a question regarding the delivery persons.
I got the usual end of the year solicitation for a tip.
But the address for "Tomas Hernandez" is in Sun Valley.
Is this for real? Or is this that scam where the supervisors have all the tips sent to them and then they don't distribute it to the carrier? I know that delivery is no longer pat of the Times. YET.. the card enclosed with it looks very official and has the Times written all over it.
What do you think? I thought because I'm in Fullerton that my carrier would at least be more local.

2 comments:

Circ said...

Looks legit to me. Your carrier probably delivers papers on the way to another job in your area. With gas prices where they are -- be generous!

Kanani said...

I just wanted to make sure. A few years ago after the Times broke it off, there was a report about these cards being given to the couriers to sign, but the return address on the enclosed envelope was not for them but for the supervisor!

The guy gets to my house around 5 a.m. I guess I could get up and hand it to him... only I'm not awake!

I usually give hefty gift certificates for the gardeners, etc. to Ralph's.