Thursday, January 25, 2007

MySpace, Oops I Mean MyLATimes

Last night as I struggled to find the Bottleneck Blog, I noted something new on the Los Angeles Times homepage, MyLATimes, but didn’t have the time or energy to look any further last night.

After taking the children to school this morning, having myself pampered at the local barbershop, and consuming three cups of coffee, I decided to have a look at this new feature the Times has created. And I was pleased to see an uncluttered page, with no popup advertising.

My Internet provider, Earthlink, allows users to setup their homepage on Earthlink to display what content is important to each user. The local news can be placed at the top or the bottom of each page, and things like sports, stock tables, etc., can be expanded or completely removed by the user.

The new MyLATimes page is very similar; the user can modify their page to suit the users wants and needs and disregard the rest, great move in my opinion. Users have many options on the new page from Generalist , SoCal , Entertainment , Lifestyle , Business , and Sports .

Take a look and see what you think?

MyLATimes

No comments: