Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Message From David Hiller - Publisher LAT

Tonight PBS's Frontline will air Part III of their series "News Wars: What's Happening to the News" (KCET at 9:00 p.m.). The program focuses on challenges and developments in the news business, and gives a lot of attention to The Times. Jim O'Shea and I were both interviewed for the program, as were Dean Baquet, John Carroll and a bunch of other people. I'm told they chose, for whatever reason, not to include any of their interview footage with Jim and I'm not sure how many minutes of the hour and half I spent with them they will use. You may want to check it out.

If you want a real look at the future of The Times - and have only a limited amount of time - I would spend it with our new Travel section and website which debuted wonderfully on Sunday. I would also check out The Envelope's glorious Oscars coverage, again integrated print and online; and utilize the new MYLatimes feature on our site to get a true gauge of what we are doing to be relevant to our region.

These things, these new things, are the way forward.

David

Thank you Kevin Roderick LAObserved

No comments: