Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Benefit for Adam

On Sunday April 1st I decided to attend the benefit for Adam Authier, who was struck by car while bicycling home from work. Adam was transported to County-USC Medical Center with severe injuries, and is now at home in recovery, with no health insurance benefits.
The benefit was held by Adam's employer (Trader Joes) and Company of Angels Theater.

I took the 10 Freeway to the event, and hit many obsticles on my way to Grand and 9th Street. A movie crew had the street closed at one point, and as I made my way back to Grand Ave. the Fire Department was running a training exercize at 6th and Grand, but somehow I finally made it to my destination.

It was $20.00 to enter, with free finger foods and sodas, and live music and stage acts. The tables to the rear of the room held the sheets for the silent auction, and 100% of the proceeds went to Adam.

About 3:00 p.m. a great band (Blue Baron) opened with a set of blues in the hall next to the main room that was great.

It was a very well spent day doing something kind.




No comments: