Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pass It Along


A few years ago, I received several terrifying messages from an acquaintance. He'd lost his business, traveled for several months overseas, came back and couldn't stop driving. He drove all around the US, writing that if he stopped he was afraid of what would happen. I sensed that he was in the midst of a mental breakdown. I sent him this site. That day, he pulled over and leapfrogged onto someone else's wi-fi and looked it up. He says they saved his life. NAMI

2 comments:

Edward Padgett said...

Thanks Kanani, I'm certain we have a few employees that can use this site for their mental health.

Kanani said...

Hi Ed,
NAMI is a volunteer-led organization. A few years ago, I took an inservice led by them. I found out that for families who have someone in their family who has a mental condition, they have a FREE 10 week seminar on education about mental illness to coping, and even what to do in a crisis.

And that's just a fraction of what they offer.

They're in communities everywhere. It's just a matter of everyone working together to erase the stigma of mental illness and working to find some solutions.

I'm putting a link to their site on my website.

Hope everyone is doing well.