Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Take Back the Times: Don't Take Essential Things From Print Editions

Don't Take Essential Things From Print Editions

One thing publisher David Hiller has done at the L.A. Times which struck me as a good thing was to roll back some of the more onerous features of the paper's new design -- especially the peculiar type faces on Page 1.

Having been a Times reader since I was six years old in 1944, I appreciate the way the paper looks, and still resent such design changes as making the Thursday Calendar a tabloid., which took place in the Shelby Coffey era. Later, virtually everything the Tribune-designated design director, Joe Hutchinson, did, annoyed me, and I was delighted to see him leave for other pastures.

Continue reading by clicking on the title or blue hyperlink.

No comments: