Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mama Mia

If anyone has read my profile, you've probably noticed that I list bowling as one of my hobbies. My husband and I bowl on two leagues, one on Thursday night and one on Friday night. The Friday night league is a Sons of Italy league and this is our third year in that league. I really love to bowl and it's not necessarily because I'm good at it. On Friday nights I bowl with two other ladies and this season we've named our team, "Mama Mia". The first year we were "Chicks Rule", last year we were "Oh Chit" (and before you waste anytime wondering, yes that's exactly what we meant) but this year we are Mama Mia.

Barb, Dottie and I have been bowling together 3 years now. For a brief time we had my friend Chris on the team because Barb had shoulder problems. But last year and this year it's the three of us again. The other ladies in the league are Margaret, Anne, Anna and Graciela. The rest are men, including my husband Ray, Barb's husband Dan and Margaret's husband Richard. Bowling with these ladies has been one of the best times of my life!

We have lots and lots of inside jokes, and all it takes is one of us saying, "There will be no regalia tonight!" to send the rest of into hysterical laughter. In fact, sometimes it takes just one word to break the rest of us up. The men usually stand and look at us wondering what's so funny...to be honest, we probably couldn't begin to tell them because it's often beyond our understanding, too. The bottom line is, these women are my dear friends. I know if I had a problem or something bothering me, they would listen and give me their support or advice and I would do whatever they need as well.

I've grown to love these ladies like sisters and love the time I spend with them. Sure, we get very silly sometimes but I thank God for them because they have brightened up my Friday nights immeasureably. The hours I spend with them laughing, talking and bowling are important to me because of who they are.

Please continue to pray for our troops and especially for my son-in-law Thomas who is due to return to Hawaii this month. God bless everyone.

1 comment:

Nubia said...

Hey, Jade! I smiled when I saw your post. They're always so pleasant!

If I remember correctly, your Hawaii trip is coming up next week, HUH?

Enjoy and think of me while you're there. Maybe we can do a SisterFriend trip in the near future (meaning next year after I've saved MORE $$$$)! SMILE!