Friday, October 19, 2007

San Dimas Invaded by Pirates

Yesterday as I scanned my favorite blogs I ran across an article on the Foothill Cities Blog regarding the take over of San Dimas by pirates. The only problem was the lack of an address, so I mentioned the pirate ship to my grandson David, and we were off on an adventure to discover where the house turned ship could be located. All we had to go on was the decorated home was near the Clint Eastwood movie being filmed in San Dimas. As we drove up and down the streets, we became discouraged and finally decided to head home. Just as we started home we spotted the ship, and stopped to admire the homeowners work.

As I snapped several photo's of the ship, I caught the attention of the homeowners, and they told me channel 7 had also came out for some footage, with no date of when the story would be aired.

The pirate ship is located at 623 Pershire Ave., San Dimas, CA.
Here's the map from Mapquest in case you would like to pay the ship a visit.

The owners requested that visitors bring a bag of candy for all the children that come to see the house nightly.



3 comments:

Nubia said...

I actually caught the clip on the Channel 7 News.

They certainly spared no expense in their creation and are very proud of it, as they should be.

lpadgett said...

Thats awesome! I'm going to have to check this one out in person.

Unknown said...

i heard about the house from a friend but he couldnt remember where he heard it from or where it was in san dimas. so i asked another friend to look it up for me on the internet and as we were driving around looking my told where to find. we got there and it is really a sight to see. i think everyone should see it.