Saturday, January 26, 2008

Flickr Navigation Made Easy



Several users have commented they are unable to locate certain pictures on my Flickr account, which has prompted my explanation on navigation within Flickr. I hope this brief walk through makes sense, if not, feel free to ask for additional help.

When you click on my Flickr account home page, the photographs on the left side, in two columns represent the latest photographs to be uploaded. The owner of the account organizes Flickr pictures, my account is divided into collections, and within my two collections are the thirteen sets. Think of the sets as folders that contain pictures that pertain to the name of each set, as an example the Pressmen Dinners set contains sixty-four pictures from our dinners. Once inside a particular set, click on a picture you enjoy to enlarge your view, and leave a comment if you so desire, or order prints as well.

To view my Flickr homepage click here. Use the back button to return here.

To view my collections, click here, and again, use the back button to return here.

To view the sets, click here.

When viewing the sets I have organized, the number of photographs within each set is displayed below the picture of the title. Some sets have as few as sixteen pictures, where others have as many as five hundred pictures in the set.

Once you locate a set you would like to view, click on the picture of that set, and a new window will open displaying the photos as thumbnails. What are thumbnails you ask? These are smaller versions of the pictures within the set, which makes scanning the many pictures much easier at a glance. Click on any of the thumbnails to enlarge the photograph, or click on slideshow to view the entire set.

Another feature I just discovered, and you may enjoy, is ordering prints of the pictures you want a hard copy of. The pictures can be retrieved within one hour at a Target Store near your home, which I found to be rather handy and cost effective.

You can also save any of the pictures from my Flickr account to your computer by moving your cursor to the picture you would like to save and clicking on the right button of your mouse. This causes a popup menu to appear, which prompts the user to select what action they would like to perform, select “Save Picture As” which saves the image to the folder you have selected as your storage area of images on your personal computer.

I hope this helps, if not, I repeat, feel free to contact me with your questions on using Flickr.

1 comment:

Nubia said...

I love the vintage pix from the LAT! They're treasures to behold!