Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Form of Censorship


Tuesday afternoon a tipster from Tribune West (formerly Times Mirror Square) called to inform me that Barack Obama would be visiting the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, and the tipster also mentioned Obama’s opponent would be following his footsteps to the Times on Thursday.

I created a post, with a nice family picture of the Obama Family, but chose not to give any recognition to Hillary Clinton or mention her visit to the Los Angeles Times on Thursday, my subtle message I'm not voting for her.

As I read Kevin Roderick’s
LAObserved tonight, he noted the lack of coverage on the Times Blogs regarding Hillary’s visit, could the Times be sending a message that they are not endorsing this candidate?

This reveals the dangers of allowing media cross-ownership in major markets, when both candidates are almost completely ignored because of party affiliation.

No comments: