Monday, January 28, 2008

Non Verbal Message from Sam Zell


Received a message from Sam Zell this morning that had me on the floor laughing my ass off, you have to love Sam’s sense of humor, just for acting like a normal guy. The message said nothing, but the picture said it all, as Sam used the pressmen’s new sign language for letting others know you’re not happy with them.

Thanks Sam



Pictured Sam Zell and Bill Pate

Photo Credit James Goeke

To understand what this ear pulling gesture is in regards to, click here.

5 comments:

Nubia said...

I laughed out loud in my office when I saw this picture! He seems pretty cool to me. AND he reads your blog!!!

Perhaps some of the LAT management will pick up on his sense of humor!

Kanani said...

Hey, good one!
I think you should put both photos over on the sidebar, Ed.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I'm a little confused ... but am reminded of when Carol Burnett used to pull on her ear!
No, Sam looks nothing like her :-)

Speedy

Anonymous said...

So far, I like everything about Sam.

- I like the way he used colorful language at the meeting in Times Mirror Square. I interpreted it as an expression of passion, not vulgarity. Those editorial and advertising guys can be frustrating and need a little "shock and awe.".

- I like the new Employee Handbook. Imagine...being treated as an adult, intelligent human being instead of a child! Also, I especially liked the validation that bagpipe music is an annoyance. It has always annoyed me.

- I like Sam's sense of humor. The ear pulling was a riot. It also indicates he is aware of happenings throughout Tribune.

- I like his assessment that newspapers aren't going away.

- I like the acknowledgement that creativity is our path to salvation.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I see this post in a whole new light!