Monday, January 21, 2008

Sam Zell on James O'Shea Departure


From: Talk to Sam
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:04 AM
Subject: Jim O'Shea's departure

Everyone,

With all of the media coverage and speculation Jim O’Shea’s departure is generating, I wanted to take the opportunity to reiterate what I’ve been saying since becoming chairman.

I’ve said loud and clear that I am returning control of our businesses to the people who run them. That means David Hiller has my full support. He carries direct responsibility for the staffing and financial success of the LA Times.

I understand that David and Jim together came to the conclusion that Jim’s departure was the best decision for the direction and future of the LA Times. I’d like to thank Jim for is contributions over the years, and I wish him the best of luck.

Sam

SOURCE: Kevin Roderick

No comments: