Friday, February 08, 2008

In Memory of Bryan Padgett


I find it hard to believe six months ago today the coroner paid my family a visit, with very tragic news, my twenty-four year old son Bryan was killed in an auto accident. Even with the space of six months I find it most difficult to say much, without my eyes filling with tears, so I will be brief.

Bryan fell in love with the Doors, and Jim Morrison’s voice, and for our last day together, invited me to hear a band he discovered at the Venice Beach Bistro, called Peace Frog. Little did Bryan know, the lead singer of the group, Professor Tony from Pierce College, and I have been a friend for six years. So I was planning to surprise Bryan by introducing him to his newly discovered singer.

Unfortunately, a band member had an emergency, and the group had to cancel their appearance this particular day, and I will never forget our last goodbye at Venice Beach.

I created a slideshow, using a remix of Riders on the Rain by Snoop Dogg, that was found on Bryan’s computer by his brother Nathan, hope you enjoy it as much as the family does.










As a direct result of Bryan’s death many individuals have come into contact with me, and I don’t believe these are chance meetings, they all have purpose, that may or may not be revealed. I met Sammy Maloof two weeks ago, and I’m hoping the reason our paths have crossed will be to save other families from losing loved ones through illegal street racing. Sammy has allowed his video to be shared in the Blogosphere, which I would like to thank him for. A second documentary is currently in the works by Sammy and crew, with a possible reality show to follow some time soon.





No comments: