Thursday, February 07, 2008

Meeting Sam Zell Today



This morning the employees of the Los Angeles Times Olympic Facility will warmly welcome Sam Zell to our production facility. I have not heard a negative thing said regarding Sam Zell from my colleagues, can’t say the same for Tribune Management, they seem awfully cool towards Sam.

During the week one of my Tribune Bosses questioned me regarding the Sam Zell picture of him tugging on his right earlobe, he wondered how I came about getting this photograph? I told him the truth, Sam sent it to me, which caused his hands to be placed into his pants pockets, it seems this made him nervous, for some reason.

On Monday I received a phone call from a woman that identified herself as a Los Angeles Times reporter, she wanted to hear all the details about my use of the F-word in the workplace, and what had happened to me afterwards. When she said goodbye she said she was Sam Zell’s Gal, which has me scratching my head, wondering who she really was?

Yesterday I was told to behave when I meet Sam this morning, wonder what was meant by this statement? Believe it or not, we are adults, and should be treated as so.

I’m hoping our Tribune Bosses will talk to Sam as they talk to my colleagues, would love to see Sam tugging on his right earlobe at them.

No comments: