Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sam Zell, the New Boss


Subject: the new boss

Fellow Employees,

You may have heard me say that I will be taking an annual salary of 50 cents. Apparently, that figure was disturbing to some people. Someone on my team recently received an e-mail from an employee who was concerned that 50 cents does not divide evenly into 26 paychecks.

So, I’ve decided we should form a committee, hold a meeting, and then hire a compensation consultant to decide if my salary should be increased to 52 cents a year.

While I’m sure that falls under the cap for raises, it may be against some old policy restricting salary increases for employees with less than 12 months of tenure.

Do I need a committee, meeting and another consultant to change that policy?

Oh, that’s right, I’m in charge now. What policy?

More to come…

Sam


SOURCE: Kevin Roderick

1 comment:

Kanani said...

I believe that's precisely what every CEO who has had big golden parachutes has had done for them!

I love his sarcasm. It must either endear or annoy his peers.