Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Good Day

It was an early day for myself and crew, but well worth the early rising.

Our day began with a 5:45 a.m. trip to Northridge to beat the traffic. It worked, with time to spare before the 7:15 deadline for line-up. With Mom being mobility-challenged and adamant on being in attendance for the ceremony, we pulled it off without a hitch! I think she was even more excited than I.

We were early enough to get the "pick of the litter" as far as seating was concerned. Mom was thrilled.

I commenced to getting my regalia in order while waiting for my fellow Cohorts to arrive. There was actually no "method to the madness" because there were thousands of graduates (both undergrads and postgrads), and names would not be called in alpha order, so my Cohorts and I gathered in our area and just walked in when it was our turn.

My son was late arriving (because he didn't listen to me when I told him he should leave home when I did). So I was on the phone with him when I was actually marching to 'Pomp and Circumstance' making my way to my seat. GO FIGURE! Damn kids!

By the time I was on my way to my chair, the place was packed! Couldn't see my Mom when I looked back, so my Sister called! We started to wave and blow kisses and I was tickled to see my Mom with her chest stuck out:-) Lucky for us, the Masters' candidates were called first and, after walking across stage, I returned to my chair, then commenced to leave.

Afterwards, Mom had an emotional moment where she couldn't stop saying how proud she was that I finally accomplished the goal that I had SO wanted for SO many years. And my Son got a birds' eye view of what a REALLY proud moment feels like. His chest was out as well ("That's My Mom!"). And that's O.K. as long as it offers some incentive to him to succeed.

We ended the event with breakfast. DAMN, I was hungry (as was everyone else)! Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (Pasedena)it was. Left stuffed!

Time to call it a day. But not without sending love, kudos, accolades, praise, hugs, thanks, etc. to the special folks in my life!

I am NUBIA, and I approve this post:-)

Be Blessed!

No comments: