Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Blogging Pressman Flooded



Upon my return home Sunday night I was greeted with water emanating from the ceiling of my garage, my first though, my toilet had sprung a leak. Yet this was not the case, seems the water was flowing like a hydrant from my children's bathroom on the opposite side of our home.

When I opened the door from the garage to the house I could hear and feel the rain drops falling from the ceiling above me. For a moment I wondered if it would be safe to turn on the light in the washroom, and luckily the light did not arc, which brought a prayer of thanks. But the water flow was coming from the stairwell, and holes that had formed in the ceiling, and just about everywhere I looked. I stopped the flow of water by turning off the water main to our house and accessed the damage before moving the big screen television, refrigerator, and the small electrical appliances to dryer portions of the house.

To make a long story short, we are down to two bedrooms and two bathrooms for the next four to eight weeks, with photographs of the demolition on Flickr.

Blogging may be sporadic at times as we may need to relocate for a few weeks or months to quieter surroundings.

No comments: