Monday, September 15, 2008

Should I Renew My Subscription?



My renewal for the San Gabriel Valley Tribune arrived in the mail Saturday and I have been pondering if I want to continue receiving the local newspaper over the following year. I understand all newspapers are cutting costs wherever possible, but this renewal has something a bit different from prior renewals, no other option than renewing for one year.

One of the main reasons I have remained a subscriber to the local newspaper was the coverage of crime in San Dimas, but this coverage ceased several months ago, and I’m wondering if I really need the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

In the past the subscriber was given four options of renewal, A, B, C, and D, with each selection a different time frame for renewing your subscription. Now I am given one option, one year of the newspaper for $58.00, which isn’t a bad deal, or nothing.

My subscription expires on September 26th, so I have eleven days to decide if I will remain as a subscriber to my local newspaper.

No comments: