Friday, October 24, 2008

FAQ Love Ride 2008


Love Ride 2007
A few questions regarding this Sunday’s Love Ride have arisen, and I have done my best to gather the answers for you.

Question: I have heard the Hell’s Angel’s and Mongol’s will be attending the Love Ride this year, which I find worrisome?

Answer: I cannot confirm nor deny the presence of either bike club at the Love Ride this year , and the rumor of a shootout between the two clubs inside Fairplex is just that, a rumor.

Question: Will the Los Angeles Times host the riders arriving at the Olympic Facility?

Answer: Unfortunately the usual arrangement by the Times has been scrapped due to financial reasons; the publisher will not be on hand nor free coffee and donuts for the bikers and guests.

Question: I’m a former Times mechanic, will I be allowed onto the Times property?

Answer: I called Sergeant Akbar at the Times Olympic Facility, and he stated tomorrow will be the last day the grounds are secured by guards that work for the Los Angeles Times, a new firm takes control of Olympic on Sunday morning, and he was unable to answer this question. Sgt. Akbar referred my question to the Plant Manager Greg Malcolm. I’m pleased to say Mr. Malcolm answered my question within five minutes, and stated anyone not employed by the newspaper should contact himself or Mike Chavez for authorization to enter the Times property. Click on either of their names to activate your email program to gain authorization.

No comments: