Saturday, November 15, 2008

Anaheim Hills Fire - Channel 4 Live Report


The Anaheim Hills evacuation area is bounded by the 91 freeway on the north, the 241 toll road on the east, and either Weir Canyon Road or Serrano Avenue on the west. All homes north of Marblehead Way, accessed from Serrano Avenue, are included in the mandatory evacuation.

The fire ripped through a 250-unit apartment complex on Santa Ana Canyon Road. The complex burned for about two hours before it was extinguished at about 4 p.m.

In addition to at least 50 units in the apartment complex, at least 42 homes burned in Riverside and Orange counties. There were no reports of injuries.

Anaheim Fire Department officials are directing evacuees from the Corona or Brea fires to the Anaheim Community Center, 250 E. Center Street, Anaheim.

2 comments:

Kanani said...

My friend evacuated from the Victoria Woods Senior Complex on Yorba Linda Boulevard. It off the Weir Canyon Road Exit from the 91, and is north of La Palma and north of Esperanza on the right hand side. She's safe with friends in Fullerton, but wants to know if her apartment has burned down.
5303 Stonehaven Dr, Yorba Linda, CA 92887

If anyone has any info, let me know.

Anyway, the air here in Fullerton on Skyine Drive right by Hillcrest is getting worse. There's no escaping this hideous smoke and it's hard to breathe. The winds isn't too bad over here, but we're getting lots of ash fallout.

I might have to leave here tonight, so I have things packed.

Kanani said...

Ed, My friend lives off Weir Canyon as well, but on the other side. I'm very VERY sorry, about your colleague. I'm just glad he got out with his life (and his wife's).

The car is packed, ready to go. I'm going to get a few hours of sleep, but I think I'm going to have to get out of here in the morning if not before. I'll have my dog, my cat. ....and we have to find some fresher air.

Tell everyone NOT to attempt to go down the 57S or North or even get onto the 91.