Friday, August 28, 2009

California Registered Warrants


As an avid reader of the Los Angeles Times I enjoy articles that I can relate to, and Tom Petruno’s story California to redeem IOUs on schedule after closing $1.5-billion loan hit home with myself this morning.

I’m not the type of person that files my income taxes early or even on time; I file late because I always receive a tax refund from the Federal Government and the State of California. And this year was no different than any other, so I uploaded my tax returns and the state return was approved within a few hours, the federal return took a few days but everything checked out fine.
I don’t recommend you do as I do especially if you owe taxes, because both agencies will assess you fines and interest on the money owed them.

My federal return was deposited into my checking account without a hitch, but my state refund arrived as a registered warrant payable on or after October 2nd, 2009.

My friend Nubia had a great laugh over this as I displayed my IOU to her, but come October 2nd it will be party time for the week.



1 comment:

Keithlj said...

Have you thought about filing a class action lawsuite in the Supreme Court. I believe matters of Constitutional issues are the first court for the Supreme Court. Say that California needs to become a Territory instead of a State if they are going to "Emit bills of Credit" at any time.