Sunday, March 07, 2010

Louisville to Los Angeles: Enough to make you cry

Well, I got weepy.
I mean, I was raised on the stories of John Muir, have often gazed at the photography of Ansel Adams. And when I see anyone hiking through the wilderness --especially with a deeper mission, it never fails to move me.

Read the whole story here at Drum Hike. Starting April 17, 2010, Troy Yocum, a former US Army Soldier will begin his walk of 7000 miles across the USA to bring attention to the plight of veterans, military families, and also to urge Congress to declare a "Day of the Deployed." He will be hiking with his dog Emmie, a Shiba-Inu, as well as his drum.

I'm hoping some volunteers from the southland will step in to help Troy, once he crosses the California border. I'll assume he's probably going to walk right up to the end of the Santa Monica Pier. Veterans, military supporters... let's all join in to help.

No comments: