Saturday, July 17, 2010

State of the State

It's been a very long time since I've added anything to this blog but I have something to say about the state of California. First, I'm outraged that the Governor would attempt to reduce the wages of state workers to minimum wage as a way to reduce state spending. If anyone deserves to have their wages cut to minimum wage it's the state legislatures we have elected. They are not doing what we elected them to do and haven't passed a budget on time in years. Instead of acting in a fiscally responsible manner, they balance their budget by taking revenue from cities, putting the cities in a worse financial situation than before. How much longer can the State of California last if those we've elected refuse to do their jobs? Personal agendas need to be put aside and everyone of our elected officials need to pay attention to what's going on around us. If it were up to me, I'd reduce their pay to minimum wage and withhold their paychecks until they passed a budget that actually addresses the financial challenges we are facing. Of course, that will never happen but it should. I'm urging everyone to pay attention to what your elected officials are doing and let them know how you feel. We must remember they work for us, not the other way around.

Thanks for allowing me to express my opinion on this matter.

No comments: