Friday, November 25, 2011

Hungry people will be thankful you gave

As you survey the remains of your Thanksgiving meal, you might want to give a thought to those who are having trouble putting food on the table because of the lousy economy and high unemployment rate.

You can make a difference. From food drives to volunteering to help at a food pantry, this is a great time of year to think about giving along with all the seasonal consuming.

Continue reading by clicking on the link below
Hungry people will be thankful you gave


Feeding the homeless on skid row L.A.


David Lazarus grabbed my attention last night as I scanned the newspapers that quickly flowed from the printing press, with his article on feeding the homeless.

As many of you are aware I became involved myself with feeding the hungry on skid row in Los Angeles through the Sammy Maloof Racing Team. I’m certain there are many groups such as the Maloof Team doing their part to feed the thousands living on the mean streets of Los Angeles.

After pulling the winning ticket for the car raffle several Saturday’s ago I wondered where and when the money would be spent to feed the hungry? To my surprise the team was going to spend the next day on skid row with the proceeds, and I was invited to join them.

The location is but blocks from the production facility where I work, so I agreed to meet the team several hours before beginning my shift, and was I ever shocked to see the masses of people seeking a bite to eat, with the line stretching down the street.

With space in the truck limited, tickets are handed out to those in line, when the tickets are exhausted the next to arrive are informed the food is about to end.

What I assumed was a one-time event occurs every Sunday at 5:00 PM at 5th and Crocker Streets, by the Sammy Maloof Racing Team.

Instead of wasting your time and money on useless gifts, donate to a great cause by feeding hungry Americans with donations of food, cash, or your time.

Call 626.286.1083 and ask how you can help?

No comments: