Friday, January 13, 2012

Los Angeles Press Club Event

Last night I attended What if Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had tweeted the Civil Rights Movement at the Los Angeles Press Club, I had a preconceived notion the event would be informative and interesting, which was exactly on the mark. As I entered the guest room I noted the different people sitting at the tables, one fellow grabbed my attention with his unique hat that adorned his head to my right. I thought I would grab a coffee before heading in his direction to say hello. As I stood by the olive and cheese counter I met someone I had not seen in over nine years, Dr. Anthony Asadullah Samad, my Professor of African American Studies at East Los Angeles College.

Finally making my way back to the fellow with the cool hat I pulled up a chair next to him for a quick chat and learned he’s an artist that uses the handle Chili Most. I found Chili to be a very interesting and fun man and wouldn’t mind having lunch with him sometime soon. Chili has a new song called Dedication to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that you will be hearing much more as Martin Luther King Day nears.




Dedication to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Chili Most

No comments: