Monday, January 14, 2013

Bill Widner Update

Please send prayers for Bill Widner, former pressroom supervisor at the Los Angeles Times main production facility before retiring from the Olympic facility. I worked for Bill just over thirty years and always found him to be on the lighter side, which made working with him a lot of fun. He will be missed by his family and colleagues.

From Bill's daughter Gail Paugh:
"To all who know my dad and worked with him tomorrow he will be at rest. The family has agreed to take him off the vent. Please contact me via fb for further news".
From  Joe delmendo:
"Hi everyone. Joe delmendo here in the Philippines. Bill Widner a very nice guy. I'll offer a mass and may he rest in peace. Always, Joe Delmendo"
From Emmett Jaime:
"To all concern. Today myself, Roger Howe, Mark Agnew and Bill Waldby went to visit Bill at Chino Valley Hospital. He is on life support ,he also has skin cancer and  is not doing good at all. They have his son flying in from Texas I believe when he gets here that family will get together to decide what steps they have to take.
This afternoon I received a call from Bill Waldby informing me that he talked to Bills daughter, Gale. She informed Bill the family has decided to halt all life support systems at around 10am tomorrow morning. The family requests that if you want to say goodbye to Bill to be there before 10am tomorrow morning.
May he rest in peace".

Emmett Jaime
 

No comments: