Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Star is Born - Comic Edwin San Juan

Pictured: Sheriff Lee Baca, Edwin San Juan, and an unknown person.


As I scanned my favorite online newspaper last night an article grabbed my attention regarding comedy, which I happen to be a big fan of.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Edwin San Juan did a standup comedy act that offended the crowd, with the audience consisting of sheriff department officers and their spouses.

I suppose many in attendance have not witnessed many comedy acts up close and personal, otherwise there would not be such an uproar?

Most comics I'm familiar with having their basic act, which they add to at every show, and don't usually try to much new materiel in front of live audiences. There are exceptions, such as Jeff Garcia, his shows are ad lib with every show different, as his subject matter are those brave enough to sit nearest the stage.

After reading the Times article I was left wondering how long before someone in politics proposes another law stating signs must be posted outside comedy venues warning of raunchy and or racist jokes, may offend you?

Because of all the ado over last nights show I immediately sent a friend request to Mr. San Juan, and also liked his Facebook page. And I will go see his nearest show as soon as possible, as he's now a star.

Edwin San Juan


Channel 7 News will air his story today.


Raunchy, racist jokes at sheriff's gathering spark outrage - Los Angeles Times

1 comment:

Theron said...

This is cool!