Thursday, November 07, 2013

Salute to Black Photographers

To all my friends here on Facebook I’m asking you to support this weekend the African American photographers in Los Angeles by attending the panel discussion this Saturday November 9, 4 to 6:00 PM at the museum of African American art on the third floor of Macy’s in the Crenshaw plaza.

My friends earlier this year when I had a photo exhibit you supported me tremendously by coming out to attend the opening and many of you have to have also shown support for my choice of weapons the camera by giving thumbs up to the images and moments that I capture and post on Facebook you also acknowledge me with positive responses when you see me reference my commentary.

Now I’m going to ask you to do the same for the black photographers that are part of the panel discussion and photo exhibit. Sadly black photographers are not given the same opportunities and their work is not supported as white photographers are that is why it’s so important that you support these individuals. I will be part of the panel discussion and for those who do not already known about my passion and why I have such passion and compassion you’ll gain great insight so please not for me because you already support me and my work and I’m most appreciative for that but for the other photographers I ask that you show them some love and support by attending the event.

Thank you, -Iconic “history making” photojournalist Haywood Galbreath-


No comments: