Monday, October 16, 2017

Ed Tallas Rest in Peace

Retired Los Angeles Times pressman, Edward R. Tallas 78, passed away Saturday in Pahrump, Nevada from natural causes. Ed was affectionately called Tex by his colleagues in the press-room, and was always in a great mood. Tex enjoyed over twenty-five years of retirement after leaving the newspaper through one of the many buyouts. I'm unable to locate a photograph of Tex, if someone has one please send my way.

09-07-39 - 10-14-17

From Emmett Jaime III:

To all you old timers, I received a call from Fernando Ortega informing me that he got a call from Allen Cromer to tell him that Ed Tallas passed away this past Saturday-10/14/17.

They were out with their wifes when Ed started to feel a little ill, he was taken to a hospital where Ed had a heart attack and passed away. 

I don't have any information on the services but was told he will be cremated.

Ed and wife were living in Pahrump, Nevada as is Allen Cromer.

Most of us knew Ed Tallas, him and I worked on the same crew in our early years, I'm sure we all have some stories we can share about Ed.

May he rest in peace.

Photos provided by Patricia Scurlock


New Years Eve 1979

Exact year ? But early 1970’s

May 12, 1962 Los Angeles Times , Pressroom training Class

Ed Tallas 1948

No comments: