Tuesday, March 28, 2006

April 15th is Closing in.

It's that time of year again when we have to find all of our reciepts for donations, interest paid on our homes, and other tax related deductions.

I started my returns almost two months ago, but for some reason, I have not got around to completing my tax returns? With almost $4,000 in refunds I have been asked all my adult life "Why do you allow the government to use your money, when you could be earning interest on this money?" Well, the sad fact is, I would have spent the money, oppossed to saving it. And even if I did recieve any interest, it would be taxed, and amount to penny's after paying tax on the interest.

Now if I could only find a way to claim my twenty-five year old daughter Kristine, I would be a happy camper. But I have failed all the tests for claiming Kris as my dependant, even though I have paid for all of her expenses.

Maybe tomorrow I will find the time to finish my taxes.

Stay Positive,
Eddie

PS I'm not going to mention that the Tribune stock fell again today.

No comments: