Monday, March 27, 2006

Still Learning How To Blog

I attempted to trackback to an article on another blog, but somehow did not enter the URL correctly, and users that clicked on the link simply saw a mis-directed message. Not being one to give up easily, I will give it another try tomorrow.

Was I ever happy to see the computers in our learning center replaced with Dell computers this afternoon. Now we have Internet access on six computers, instead of just one. The speed of the computers is fantastic, my new page with the photographs from our last dinner loaded within fifthteen seconds. This is true T-1 speed. DSL will take over seventy-five seconds to load, and cable will load in about sixty seconds. Dialup will, well I would suggest taking a walk around the block while it downloads the images.

Our new pressroom manager will not be announced for another one to two weeks, and this was from the horses mouth. I would apply for the position myself, but I'm over qualified, we generally fill this position with people with no printing press skills or experience.

My crew members and myself had a chat with our vp of production this afternoon, and somehow the conversation turned to double speak. What do I mean by double speak? When a company tells share holders why a CEO left the company, such as "He left to spend more time with his family", and what it really means, he was fired. Well today we experienced problems with color registration, we were testing neutral feed blankets. What this really means, they cost less than the regular printing blankets we normally use.

The Tribune stock dropped again, this marks seven straight days of losses.

And lastly, the passports for my children and grandson have arrived. David and JoAnna's passports are good for five years, and Nathan's passport is good for ten years. All we need now are shorts and tank tops, way too hot and humid to wear pants and shirts in Cozumel.

Good Night Everyone,
Eddie


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed ... Ed...Ed when will you ever learn that all tribune does is double talk

Anonymous said...

Eddie,

I would suggest Costco for the shorts, skorts, swimwear, etc. Great prices for quality vacation wear. Dressed me for Hawaii. You should try it.

Hugs,

RB

Anonymous said...

That "rb" sure is on the ball....all teens love clothes from Costco!!!!

Anonymous said...

You must have a real slow DSL or cable link if it takes 60 seconds to download those pictures. If it takes longer than 10 seconds and you have DSL or cable you are being riped off, unless of course you don't mind having a "slow speed" DSL or cable link.

Edward Padgett said...

I do suspect my DSL is slow. I use Earthlink DSL, which leases the access from Verizon, and at times I wonder if Verizon causes slowdowns, to pull more customers to purchase DSL directly from Verizon?

Anonymous said...

go to this web site and run the speed test and you will find out what kind of speed you have.

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Anonymous said...

Good sense is easier to have than to use.

Kanani said...

This is how I pack.
I pack my bag.
Then I unpack it and take out 50%.

I'd take old clothes. You're spending enough on this trip, plus you'll buy things anyway down there. Whenver I travel out of the country, I only take clothes that I don't care about. If a piece of luggage goes missing, then no big deal. I've ended up leaving clothes almost everywhere --usually because I send my things out to be washed (fairly common in third world countries) and they don't come back with them on time.

I always carry my toiletries and RX's onboard with me. Don't let those out of my site!

Edward Padgett said...

On my first trip to Cozumel last August I filled my suitcase with three pairs of pants, eight shirts, several pairs of shoes, but only wore my swim trunks and tank tops I bought on the island.

It was simply too hot and humid to wear much more than that. In addition, I bought a bandana, so my glasses would stop slipping off my nose from all the humidity.

I will be traveling with 75% fewer clothes for this trip.

Kanani said...

So Ed,
Why not just pack your tank top and shorts in a ziploc bag and carry it on?

Jess Espinoza said...

Why don't you just wear your tank top and shorts on the plane, then you won't have to carry a zip lock bag. (Hey kanani, how's that for efficiency?)