Friday, June 23, 2006

Someone up there Likes Me

Today is payday for all Tribune employees, and Friday for some of us.

As I logged onto Wells Fargo Online Banking early this morning while sipping on a cup of coffee, I noted my checking account balance was much larger than what my checkbook reflected. Had I made a mistake with my math?

When I reached my account statement page, I had a very large smile from ear to ear from what I was seeing online. My Federal tax return was deposited into my checking account this morning, as well as my paycheck.

Four weeks ago I wrote on my blog that my fereral tax return was rejected by the taxing authority, and when I called the Internal Revenue Service to see what error I had made, I was informed my children were used on someone else's tax return.

After checking my passed years returns, I was told to mail in a hard copy of my tax return, and I would have my money within twelve weeks. But it only took four weeks, YEAH.

The person that attempted to write off my children will be getting a letter from the IRS very soon, with penalties, and fines, and also a tax bill attached.

The good guy wins once again.

Eddie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what hacker got into either your system or their system and came up with their names and such?

Anonymous said...

Hey "Money Bags",

Let's PARTY! Your treat:-)

Bo

Edward Padgett said...

This was a case of an ex-wife using the children's social security numbers and birthdates on her tax return.

When I called her regarding this matter, she told me "H & R Block had no problem with me using the children as a tax deduction".

I hope H and R Block will help her explain this case of fraud?

My money is safe in my checking accounting, just delayed by four weeks.

Next year I will file my tax returns as soon as my W-2's arrive.

We all get what we give out. Give it out bad, get it back bad. Be generous and kind to others, and you will get it back ten fold in a manner that will bring a smile to your face.

Eddie

Edward Padgett said...

Jesse,

HELP! I mis-spelled account and do not know how to edit comments.

Anonymous said...

Seems you spelled "ACCOUNT" without Jesse's help:-) Funny how money can bring our memories back!

Have a grand weekend!

Bo

p.s. Hey, let's PARTY:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed,
I use Turbo tax every year on my income tax each year, it's great, it ask all the right questions, does the math, and even speeds up your return in a matter of a couple of weeks instead of months. I've filed both the 1040 and the FTB a couple of days before the deadline and got it from both in a matter of 10 days.
Now I am only a user of this service and not getting paid for it, but it's an option.
Bob Wright