Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What are you going to do with your stocks?

Most stock holders and employees of the Tribune have received their tender offers to repurchase any or all of their shares in the Tribune company by now.

Many of my co-workers will be selling all or a portion of the stock, but I will be holding on to my shares, till the price returns to something of value.

The CEO of Tribune has a goal of bringing the stock up to $50 a share by 2010, so I'm hanging in for the long run.

I would like to hear why this is a good time to sell or hold Tribune Stock?

Eddie

2 comments:

Kanani said...

I think it's a good time to evaluate your portfolio, and look at the mix that's in there.

I know of a conservative broker in Whittier. I also have someone in Pasadena. Neither would charge you to look.

Kanani said...

The one piece of advice that I can give you is to understand what's in your portfolio and understand how it's going to work for you. What my husband and I found was the company he worked for tossed all his money into an 'unmanaged fund.' So we're changing the whole thing over to managed funds with the help of a conservative broker in Whittier.

There are a couple of things you might want to read. Frontline PBS ran a great episode called Can you afford to retire? Google it. A whole website will come up devoted to financial information.

Also, Warren Buffett's annual reports are always enlightening. Go to http://berkshirehathaway.com, and download his annual reports.

I don't do html tags anymore. They just never come out!