Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Baquet out at Times

By Kevin Roderick
LAObserved

Times editor Dean Baquet "is stepping down under pressure from Tribune Company," the Wall Street Journal says in an online story citing "people familiar with the situation." He just confirmed it in an email to the staff:

By now you've seen the Wall Street Journal story on L.A. Observed that I'll be leaving the paper. Believe me, I didn't want it to come out this way. Give me some time, and I'll talk to the entire newsroom later this afternoon, at 3 p.m. outside my office. And do me an even bigger favor. Let's do a hell of a job on the election tonight. Best,

Dean

Complete Coverage here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee !! what took so long

Anonymous said...

Looks like tribune is 2 for 2

Anonymous said...

Yes, and more than likely they'll be 457 for 457 once Hiller gets rolling.